17w1d today and I almost feel like I’m back in first trimester.
- extreme fatigue to the point of not being able to get much done at work
- the only food that doesn’t trigger a gag reflex right now is Cool Ranch Doritos
- a jittery/fluttery stomach with an occasional odd ache or pain – sometimes with that “empty” need-to-eat feeling even when I’m feeling bloated or have just eaten something
Serves me right for bragging about how great I have felt when people ask how I’m doing. Anyone else experience this after feeling pretty good?!?
Here’s a side by side of 14 weeks and 17 weeks (17 weeks today!!!)
I know bumps tend to pop later for first time moms so I’m really really trying to be patient. I enjoy being able to bend down, shave, tie my shoes, etc. I know there will come a point when I will look back on these early pics and yearn for the days when I still basically had my body. All I am right now is a little thick in the middle. I can also feel my uterus getting higher and harder, which always makes me smile!
Honestly, there’s hasn’t been much to report, which I guess is good.
- Energy is back. I’ve been going to the gym 3 x a week and maintaining variety in my workout so I don’t get bored. Treadmill, gentle yoga, toning on the barre, aqua sculpt… anything that doesn’t involve high impact.
- Boobs are definitely full and sore, and now I know what people mean when they say tender/sore nipples. It isn’t bad but I have a little bit of that going on.
- Food: It’s been a slow couple of weeks for cravings. Still enjoying my lemonade immensely and just today I had a hankering for a grapefruit. Not craving any healthy proteins and I really should eat some fish at some point, but carbs are still more appealing.
- Weight: This one is hard because I’m not entirely sure of my prepregnancy weight and I had put on weight from fertility treatments leading up to it. The first time I weighed myself while pregnant I was 139, and a few days ago I was 144, so we will say net gain +5 pounds. I better be careful because my goal was 20 pounds total, and I don’t even have a proper bump yet. Yikes!)
- Mood: For the past few days I have been much more impatient, and well, moody, than usual. I find a lot of things (and people) annoying. I roll my eyes a lot. This may or may not be a result of the pregnancy…
- Sleep: Waking up to pee once a night (this is a new second trimester thing), tryigng to get used to sleeping on my side, which does result in some hip and lower back pain. Stomach sleeping is getting a little harder, mostly for mental reasons – I can feel the hard little bump when I roll onto my stomach and I am afraid to hurt the baby. Sometimes I do a modified stomach sleep with one hand under my left hip and my right knee bent out to the side. This is a common position for me even when I’m not pregnant.
I’m looking forward to (and am nervous for) the anatomy / anomaly scan on June 9. The weekend prior, Rob and I are taking a long weekend in Martha’s Vineyard. I am obviously hoping to look a little more prego by then!