- I will start by saying that I’m still feeling great. Sure I have some expected symptoms, but I really can’t complain. Pregnancy is treating me well and I feel really lucky about that. A year ago at this time, I was pregnant and on eggshells waiting to find out if my crappy first beta would double (it did). I had no idea what the next few weeks would bring. I am damn lucky to be in my 3rd trimester and I am not about to complain about a few standard pregnancy symptoms. BUT, I will make note of them…
- Like the title says, cankles are a real thing. I naively thought I was going to avoid them. They are a third trimester reality, and the August heat isn’t helping. It should be noted that my feet are usually small, I have bony ankles, and they fit in these sneakers fine until yesterday.
- 3 hour glucose test is tomorrow morning. Womp womp.
- In looking back through my photos, it seems my first bump “pop” was around 20-21 weeks. I’ve been growing pretty steadily since then.
- Stuffy nose.
- Sleep is getting a little more uncomfortable and I need my pregnancy pillow regularly in order to be comfortable. I get heartburn or indigestion (or whatever it is) if I lay flat, but if I prop myself up and lay on my left side, it usually subsides.
- Harder to shave, put pants / shoes on. This is a very hard sensation to describe. Bending makes it difficult to breathe. Oh, and it sometimes pushes on my bladder in really undesirable ways.
- I’m not “kick counting.” I know me. This will make me neurotic. I feel the baby squirming around throughout the day. I thought movements would be stronger than they are. Rob still has not seen or felt any movement from the outside, but neither of us has the patience to try too hard.
- Registry is done (thank god- it was a pretty painful process for me). Nursery is not started. I’m honestly not stressing. It will happen.
- 2 months, 2 weeks, and 2 days until Baby A due date. My last day of work will be October 2. Baby due October 22. Lots of 2s…
- Leg cramps, and leg cramps, and leg cramps.
- There was some baby shower drama, but I think it is all resolved.
- There was some childbirth class drama, but I think that is also all resolved.
- My stomach got really tight and painful in the middle of Jazzercise last night. I got frustrated because I had to take my workout way down. The tightness seems more exaggerated at night.
- No cravings, no aversions, no stretch marks…
- With 11 weeks to go, I realize I know next to nothing about childbirth, breastfeeding, or how to take care of a newborn…so, yeah… I should probably get on that…
That pretty much brings us up to date.
I will add if I think of something thing else. 😊